Not By Bread Alone

Learning to care for myself properly in order to do God's will in my life.

4/28/2007

Mitral Valve Prolapse

Understanding Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome Page: "MITRAL VALVE PROLAPSE SYNDROME
COMMON SYMPTOMS
•Chest pain
•Fatigue
•Palpitations, extra heart beat
•Lightheadedness, dizziness
•Shortness of breath
•Anxiety and/or panic attacks
•Headaches
•Low exercise tolerance
•Mood swings"

Even though I'm on meds for other heart issues (SVT)...I've never been officially diagnosed with this. However it is uncanny that these are all the symptoms that I've been struggling with for a life time it seems(chest pain is minimal and very infrequent).

I had read a while back how taking extra Magnesium can help with this and so I've been taking it. However because it alters my bowels so much, I need to take very low dosages and I don't feel like it's helping me with all these symptoms as much as it could. However, isn't it interesting that sugar is one thing that depletes Magnesium...I know we've discussed this here before...but here I am again...still struggling with it.

MVPers report other symptoms. Common ones include:

•chronically cold hands and feet
•gastrointestinal stomach disturbances
•problems with memory or a feeling of fogginess
•inability to concentrate
•mood swings
•problems sleeping
•numbness or tingling of the arms or legs
•arm, back, or shoulder discomfort
•difficulty swallowing
•lump in the throat

I have all of the above too...and always passed it off as 'anxiety'.


FACTORS THAT CAN INCREASE THE INTENSITY OR FREQUENCY OF MVPS SYMPTOMS:

•Emotional stress
•Excessive fatigue
•Unaccustomed physical activity
•Being anxious or nervous
•Caffeine
•Medicines with stimulants
Sweets
•Being in a hot, dry environment
•Dehydration
•Flu, cold, or other illnesses
•Lack of sleep
•Alcohol
•Smoking
•Skipping meals
•Rushing around
•Lying on the left or right side
•Menses
•Menopause

Again...all of the above (ok...I don't smoke...but even just being in a room with smokers will do it for me.


posted by Essy @ 10:29 AM