Not By Bread Alone

Learning to care for myself properly in order to do God's will in my life.

2/12/2006

Why am I doing this?

Having a hard time restarting - The Yeast Connection:
" I will put out a challenge to us all: Create a list of reasons you want and need to eat well and one with reasons that you want to eat whatever you want. It is a very simplistic concept, but I think it will solidify our purpose. I saw where someone did this when she wanted to quit smoking and I know it will help us, too. "

The challenge was put out by Amy, and I think it is great...now let me see...

Reasons why I want to eat well...
-Better health, to conquer this thing once and for all...to have more energy, not feel like I'm dying all the time...not be in pain all the time.
-To have the fullness of life that God wants for me.
-To honor His Temple!
-To be obedient to Him and His will for me at this point in my life...to please Him.

Reasons I want to eat whatever I want...
-To please ME! For momentary satisfaction I'm willing to throw away my health...gee whiz...I wouldn't do that with any other part of my life...why do I value myself so little?
-Convenience...aka...lazyness!

Wow...that was quite an eye opener...now I need to find a way to make this post stick so that I can reffer to it whenever I'm thinking of 'cheating'.


posted by Essy @ 10:17 PM