Not By Bread Alone

Learning to care for myself properly in order to do God's will in my life.

9/25/2006

Off to a good start

Decided to have a massive carb blow out yesterday...a mardi gras of sorts...lol. We ordered take out from our favorite Portuguese place...BBQ chicken, spicy rice, fries and hot rolls with butter...yumm yumm. I was asleep withing the hour...it didn't really cause any major tummy problems...but it really made me crash...I mean BIG TIME. I didn't really over eat either, so I don't think it was that.

Now this morning I'm heading in a different direction and I feel pretty good about it. I printed out some recipes, went shopping last night at Wild Oats and bought some 'legal' stuff. I also just found out about a new Whole Foods store that just opened up in Woburn which is not too far from us, so I'm eager to check them out too. Anyway...for this morning I made scrambled eggs and Almond Flour pancakes. I made my chicken broth last night and will make some soup for lunch and for dinner I have some beef stew in the crockpot, which is smelling delicious (so, no fear of starving and I'm not counting calories either...lol).

I've also signed up with an E-Mail support group. It's like that saying 'if you fail to plan, you plan to fail'. Anyway, I'm just trusting the Lord to lead me through this and I know that no matter what it will have been worthwhile.


posted by Essy @ 9:38 AM