Not By Bread Alone

Learning to care for myself properly in order to do God's will in my life.

9/23/2006

Specific Carbohydrate Diet

SCD Recipes

I just finished reading 'Breaking the Vicious Cycle' by Elaine Gottschall and found it very interesting. I'm tempted to give it a try. I heard about it from someone in an E-Mail list that I belong to and ordered the book from the Libary...got it today and finished it already. It's not specifically an anti-yeast program, but an overall 'intestinal health through diet' program. The thing that sounds good to me is that I can still have fruit and some cheese and even honey. What is not allowed is any type of grains(including rice, potatoes, chic peas, soy beans etc.), fluid milk of any kind, instant tea or coffee, no refined sugar(no molasses, corn syrup, or maple syrup).

The book includes some recipes that sound pretty yummy. I think it's do-able...I'll have to pray over it and see if this is something that is right for me.


posted by Essy @ 4:42 PM