Not By Bread Alone

Learning to care for myself properly in order to do God's will in my life.

8/15/2006

Pray about it...

Spirit Daily - Daily spiritual news from around the world: "The key is the word 'balance,' which means not to go overboard. If we pray, God will let us know which foods, herbs, spices, vitamins, and drinks best fit our unique bodies -- and will guide doctors who may be needed to assist us. He will also let us know what to eat if we pray not only when we are ready to eat but before we decide what to buy at the store!"

This is THE message that we should be putting out about the journey to health...pray! I often get hooked into one particular 'method' or other and in my excitement want to just tell everyone...which is ok I guess...as long as I don't fail to mention how that 'method' came about.

However, one problem that I've seen arise from telling someone to 'pray' over it is that it sounds trite. We perhaps hear it so often that it loses its full impact...so it goes in one ear and out the other. Or we think that 'pray over it' means to request a miraculous healing...which ofcourse is within God's power. However the most important thing that can come out of prayer is 'relationship'...walking hand in hand with Jesus.

Today...let me be aware of His presence in my life and especially on how it applies to my health and well being.


posted by Essy @ 9:16 AM