Not By Bread Alone

Learning to care for myself properly in order to do God's will in my life.

6/16/2006

Good News...Bad News...

Here's the bad news...last night after driving around and playing at the beach with the kids for a little while we found ourselves at Wendy's and I was hungry. The good news...I just made the best of a possibly bad situation and decided to still make some positive choices (I would have caved in the past for sure). Now for the good news...I ordered a hamburger with lettuce and tomato (no sauces), a plain baked potato and some mineral water. I took the bun out and added some salt and pepper to both the burger and the potato along with a touch of butter...pretty yummy...who would have thought?

Then this morning I made some gluten free waffles. I REALLY wanted some syrup on that darn thing...but chose not to give in...so to satiate my taste for something sweet, I caved in a little bit and cheated with just a tiny amount of banana spread on my waffle and a few blueberries on top of that. Again...very yummy...and if you are going to cheat...might as well stick to something that will nourish you also.


posted by Essy @ 9:52 AM