Not By Bread Alone

Learning to care for myself properly in order to do God's will in my life.

5/10/2007

Day 14

*I can't believe that it has been two weeks since my 'change of lifestyle'...I feel so much better.

*Saw my doctor today and she was GREAT! I told her what I was doing and that I was feeling good, but that I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something else going on there...just to keep an eye on it if there were...and she totally agreed with me. She has scheduled me for an echocardiogram and a stress test...then we'll go from there. She also ordered a whole bunch of blood tests to be done...so I had it drawn this morning.

*My exercise tolerance has greatly improved. I just finished doing my Lesley Sansone workout and I actually feel good after it...instead of the usual ready to go into a panic attack or keel over and die.

*I think the main difference with what I'm doing now and what I've tried in the past is that I'm so focused on how it is making MY body feel...instead of whether I'm losing weight or not...or whatever else. I love this little 'taste' of what it is like to feel good (or at least 'normal')...I never want to go back.

*I'm not 'dieting' in the regular sense at all...I'm eating plenty...in fact I even eat at times when I'm not what I would consider really hungry...I think the snacking of healthy foods is keeping my blood sugars balanced or something. I'm sure all the whole grains and nuts must help with my Magnesium depletion too.


posted by Essy @ 1:51 PM