Not By Bread Alone

Learning to care for myself properly in order to do God's will in my life.

5/22/2007

MVP Syndrome

Mitral Valve Prolapse or MVP Syndrome: "Ninety-eight percent of people with MVP Syndrome have nothing wrong with their heart. The majority of symptoms are caused by an out-of-balance nervous system. "

So it seems that I have lots of company. I had my echocardiogram stress test today and my heart is just fine...yippee! Ofcourse they still can't figure out what IS going on. ARGHHH. I had an 'episode' while on the treadmill and it had the doctor baffled...he pretty much called it a 'panic attack' but went on to say that he's never seen an excercise induced one before. I've had panic attacks before and know what those feel like...they just come on out of the blue and make you feel like you are dying. This is different...I just can't walk up stairs, or hilly streets without getting light headed and breathless...and ofcourse there is a myriad of other symptoms as well. So I guess as far as what doctors have to offer me...I'm back to square one. I just really needed to have what I'm going through validated though...not exactly sure why.

I do need to get back to the no sugar diet and drinking lots of fluids again...that was really helping things.


posted by Essy @ 4:17 PM