Not By Bread Alone

Learning to care for myself properly in order to do God's will in my life.

5/24/2007

why it matters

Sue...your comment below brought up a good point. I know what I need to do to alleviate this...so why does it matter what 'name' they give to it? For me right now the thing that I'm most concerned with is that this thing runs in families...obviously it is not a concern to me in regards to my children since it isn't my biology that they inherited...but I am concerned for my sisters who have been suffering silently for a lot longer then I have...one of which actually has fainting spells and also for their children. I want a proper diagnosis so that they can take this seriously and not just pass it off as not being important (since that's the message they have been receiving from the medical profession all of their lives)even though it is debilitating to them. I want to be able to tell them what has worked for me and be able to explain why...the 'life changes' that are needed are pretty intensive and having something more concrete then just 'it's good for you' might help all of us to stick to it better. It is important to all of us to have some validation of all that we have endured.


posted by Essy @ 10:20 AM