Not By Bread Alone

Learning to care for myself properly in order to do God's will in my life.

6/11/2006

If at first you don't succeed...

So here I am back on the road again. Most of the day went pretty well...we went out to lunch and I only made one mistake...ordered mashed potatoes with my salmon...that's what happens when you don't cook a lot yourself...you forget exactly what ingredients go into making something...yes...mashed potatoes take MILK. But on a positive note...I ordered water with a bit of lemon for my drink instead of getting a soda...yeah for me.

Well...here's the not so good part. My husband and kids dropped me off at church for Holy Hour and they went to the play ground...then when they picked me up, I guess they had worked up an appetite because they wanted to go out for pizza and hot dogs...lol. So...who can sit through that and not pick? Certainly not I! Then to top it all off...each kids meal comes with a chocolate chip cookie and since they had two hot dogs and once slice of pizza...that equals three kids meals and there are only two kids...so that leaves on chocolate chip cookie that just kept calling me and calling me and I'm WAY too weak to say 'Go AWAY'...so I ate it!

Another positive for today is that other then my tummy being bloated...I'm feeling pretty good. I've started taking the Magnesium and even though it's probably supposed to take longer to take effect...I think it's working for me already...I feel 'different'...very calm...I can't explain it really...just like I can breathe easier(no depression...no anxiety). I had a really good night sleep last night too and woke up early, all refreshed...and the sun was shining...praise God. Here's to another good night's sleep.


posted by Essy @ 9:06 PM